- Safaa Khateeb is a Palestinian activist and photographer. She was born in 1994 in the village of Kfar Kana in the Galilee.During her four years at the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, where she specialized in photography, Safaa carried out various projects, such as “Studio Baghdad” in which she documented people’s lives in Jerusalem neighborhoods that face the threat of being taken over by the Israeli government. For this project, she built a fully-equipped outdoor studio.
In addition, she has documented experiences of members of the African Palestinian community by accompanying them in their daily lives, and also photographed the women of Jerusalem’s Old City in their kitchens, an intimate space where they spend most of their time, and which reflects the social and economic aspects of their lives that shape their identities as Jerusalemites.
As part of her activism, Safaa currently works as a volunteer reporter, focusing on Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque. She has volunteered for four years with the Al Jazeera news program “Al Jazeera Talk” as well as with other programs for the network’s global channel. In 2012, she represented the pioneering channel Al-Quds Network at a conference in Istanbul on new media.
Safaa is currently working on another artistic project: an imaginary, futuristic setting where she documents the World Cup in Jerusalem in 2034, and follows the Palestinian football team as their official personal photographer.
- 2016 – M.A Student in Cinema studies faculty in University of Haifa, Israel.
- 2016- Artistic Residency at the International City of Art in Paris.
- 2012- 2016 -B.F.A. from photography department at Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design – Jerusalem.
- 2011 – High school diploma, specialising in biology and chemistry
Languages: Arabic (native), English (very good level) , Hebrew (very good level)
7/2016 : Palestine World Cup 2034, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, Photography Department Gallery.
7/2016: Baghdad Studio, Jeune Création Gallery, Paris.
4/2016 : “Dome of Rock” Video installation, Solo exhibition, Bezalel Gallery, Jerusalem.
Awards & Scholarships:
Palestine In & Out Festival Winner, the Photography Category