- Safaa Khateeb is a Palestinian activist and photographer. She was born in 1994 in the village of Kfar Kana in the Galilee.
During her four years at the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, where she specialized in photography, Safaa carried out various projects, such as “Studio Baghdad” in which she documented people’s lives in Jerusalem neighborhoods that face the threat of being taken over by the Israeli government. For this project, she built a fully-equipped outdoor studio.
In addition, she has documented experiences of members of the African Palestinian community by accompanying them in their daily lives, and also photographed the women of Jerusalem’s Old City in their kitchens, an intimate space where they spend most of their time, and which reflects the social and economic aspects of their lives that shape their identities as Jerusalemites.
Also, she did another artistic project: an imaginary, futuristic setting where she documents the World Cup in Jerusalem in 2034, and follows the Palestinian football team as their official personal photographer. and started a new Artistic Fashion Photography In Paris about the muslim women fashion in france specially, and in the west in general.
As part of her activism and Her belief in Puplic Art, she is currently working in new project where she imagine a full history of the Palestinian Cinema that it does not really exist in real and exhibited it in the street as a A mobile souvenir shop in Jerusalem .
- 2016 – M.A Student in Cinema studies faculty in University of Haifa, Israel.
- 2016- Artistic Residency at the International City of Art in Paris.
- 2012- 2016 -B.F.A. from photography department at Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design – Jerusalem.
- 2011 – High school diploma, specialising in biology and chemistry
Languages: Arabic (native), English (very good level) , Hebrew (very good level)
9-10 /2017 : Baghdad Studio,Henri Frick Square, Saint Joss ten-Noode, Brussels
9-10/2017 : Baghdad Studio, L’Uzine ,Casablanca
10/2016 : Baghdad Studio, Padeco Gallery in Ramallah, French institute in Nablus, Fattoush Gallery in Haifa, Palestine.
7/2016 : Palestine World Cup 2034, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, Photography Department Gallery.
7/2016: Baghdad Studio, Jeune Création Gallery, Paris.
4/2016 : “Dome of Rock” Video installation, Solo exhibition, Bezalel Gallery, Jerusalem.
Awards & Scholarships:
* Palestine In & Out Festival Winner, the Photography Category 2016
- 7/2016- 10/2016 : Artist in Residency in the International City of Art in Paris.
* ALQATTAN Foundation Grant to start a new artistic project in the Residency.